OpenBook converts printed documents or graphic-based text into an electronic text format on your PC, using high-quality speech and the latest optical character recognition (OCR) technology. OpenBook is innovative software designed to enhance success for people who are blind or have low vision who need access to printed and electronic materials. OpenBook and the PEARL document camera create a complete scanning and reading system for work, home, and school.
Use OpenBook to read books, magazines, and bills. OpenBook identifies columns and places them in logical reading order. Change the language setting to read foreign language documents with native speaker voices.
The low vision features of OpenBook allow you to tailor the appearance of text on your screen, including font style, size, character spacing, and colors. A Split View option allows for easy comparison of the original document and the results of OCR conversion. Masking and Word Spotlighting features synchronize with the text being read, making it easy to follow the screen position during reading.
Features and specifications:
- Highlight important passages of a document for later reference
- Insert your own comments in a document
- Scan bound books and maintain pagination
- Export to other applications like Microsoft Word or Notepad
- Enhanced ability to search for and download books from the Internet
- Full support for listening to DAISY and other audio files
- Built-in Braille support
- Built-in photocopy functionality
- Supports Windows 10
Scanner not included
- Additional Information
Manufactured By Freedom Scientific Product Size NA Product Weight NA Special Price No