The Mountbatten Writer and Mountbatten Learning System have been designed to introduce students to Braille literacy in a fun and inclusive manner.
Its versatility as both a teaching and a writing tool makes the Mountbatten the ideal choice for students of all ages, from pre-school children at the very early stages of Braille instruction to high school students looking for an efficient way to produce mathematical equations and other Braille materials.
There are currently 2 different models of the Mountbatten Brailler, please see the Comparison Chart attached.
With Key features:
- Develops awareness of Braille symbols and characters by utilising audio response to reinforce which commands are being entered
- The ergonomic keyboard facilitates literacy activities and spontaneous play for young children, long before they are physically able to use traditional mechanical Braille writers
- Simple editing functions for correcting and erasing
- Develops technology concepts and Braille reading and writing as life skills
- Assists with inclusion and participation. The students work is displayed on the Mimic screen
- Can be used as a graphics embosser
- MIMic visual display - an LCD display allows easy supervision by sighted teachers and can store up to 32 pages of Braille
- MB COMM - Free software for the PC to transfer files between the Mountbatten Braille Learning System and the PC
What's in the box
- Parallel cable
- QWERTY Keyboard
- Power supply
- AC cable
- USB2.0 A-plug B-plug
- Braille sample sheet
- Product warranty
- Software CD for transferring files
- Mountbatten Keyboard guide
- Additional Information
Manufactured By HARPO Product Size 4.5" x 9.44" x 17.7" (12 x 24 x 45 cm) Product Weight 10.3 lbs (4.7 kilos) Special Price No